PLEASE NOTE: If you sent me contact form messages throughout mid-2016 and into February 2017, I did not receive them; most were being accidentally marked as spam and deleted. I have now fixed the issue. Unfortunately, I cannot recover the messages. Sorry! If you sent a message a long time ago and never got an answer, please send a new one. For the fastest responses, you can also contact me on Facebook (this is a link, click me).
The below post is current and updated as of December 30th, 2017. I understand the below details are long, but I encourage you to read all of them before sending a request.
– Most varieties are in small quantities you will need to increase yourself. I generally cannot provide larger amounts unless marked. Some corn varieties are available in 1lb. lots at a rate of $15-25 per pound depending on variety (this does NOT include shipping, which is an additional $7 or so). No larger lots of any beans are available. A normal distribution of corn is 200 seeds. A normal bean distribution is 25-30.
– All sample packets are $5 each. This includes shipping. Orders that are for only ONE (1) packet incur an additional $1 small order surcharge due to the cost of shipping supplies. Preferred payments are Cash or Paypal. If you wish to have Paypal’s buyer protections you must accept an added 6% charge to cover Paypal’s transaction fees, or the payments can be sent ‘Friends and Family’ (this does not include buyer protections). I can also accept checks, but it will delay processing. The cost for locals is less because no shipping is needed; if you are local, please contact me for an appointment.
– I can custom-grow larger quantities of seed, though this must be pre-arranged by contract and is only open to select varieties.
– I will trade these seeds straight up for other seeds at no additional charge. I am most looking for ones I don’t have that have a NY/PA origin, though I will steward rare indigenous varieties from anywhere in the country. I am focused almost entirely on saving endangered and heritage varieties from extinction – so if it’s available from multiple seed companies, I probably don’t need it.
The ‘rules’, so to speak:
– Shipping is to the lower 48 U.S. states only. I will generally only make exceptions to this for Canadian indigenous people. Shipping elsewhere is too expensive, or too risky due to customs.
– Indigenous seed banks/food sovereignty projects that my seeds ‘belong’ to are welcome to contact me for low-cost seed or other special arrangements. I will review other educational projects, etc. on a case by case basis, but I am generally unable to distribute free seeds to most other situations or to any private individuals. Please understand that seed costs are to help alleviate my expenses; I do all steps of this process alone, by hand, with no help or support. It takes a huge time and labor investment, and I’m not turning a profit. If you cannot afford seed, I am happy to trade seed for other seed, supplies, grow-out work, etc. in mutually beneficial arrangements.
– Please understand I am only one person, working full time off the farm. It may be several days before your seeds get shipped – I cannot rush orders. Good things come to those who wait.
– Unless I already trust you, you may be questioned/vetted. Expect this, and please understand that it is not an insult to you. I am looking for responsible stewards, not just people who covet my seed for the rarity. It does no good for a variety to be grown once by a bunch of people if none are caring for it properly over time.
Any inquiries or questions – or requests for variety descriptions if none can be found – are completely welcomed. I am happy to address all questions even if no purchases are being made.
Corn available for distribution:
– Tuscarora White
– Navajo Robin’s Egg (Limit 1 sample packet)
– Katie Wheeler/Iroquois Calico (2-3 1lb. lots available)
– Six Nations Blue
– Warners (several 1lb. lots available)
– Gigi Hill
– New York Red Robin
– Mohawk Roundnose (two 1lb. lots available)
– Seneca Hominy
– Ganondagon (two 1lb. lots available)
– Puhwem/Delaware White (Limit 1 – samples are half-sized (100ct.) only – seed was harvested immature, but germination was 100% in a small-lot test)
– Painted Mountain
– Dakota Black
– Oneida (Only have 2-3 samples to share – to obtain it, you must re-offer it on the Seed Savers Exchange or enter into a contract to send some back to me after you grow it)
– Seneca Bear Paw
– Wild Pigeon
– Seneca Bird Egg
– Seneca Allegany Pinto
– Early Mohawk Pole
– Cattaraugus Cranberry
– Seneca Stripe
– Cornplanter Purple
– Ga Ga Hut
– Iroquois Corn Bread/Tuscarora Bread Bean/Skarure Bread (Limit 1)
– Deseronto Potato
– Teaching Drum #18
– Teaching Drum #21
– Teaching Drum #27
– Mohawk Bush
– Indian Hannah
– Duane Baptiste Potato Bean
– Blue Shackamaxon
– Seneca Cornstalk
– Munsee Wampum
– Potawatomi Pole Lima
– Cornplanter Purple ‘Silverbear Strain’
– Seneca landrace Sunflower
– Cornplanter Tobacco
– Titan Sunflower
– Holstein Cowpea
– Dragon’s Tongue Bean
– Good Mother Stallard Bean
– Mitla Black Bean
– Tigger Melon
– Gagon Cucumber
– Red-seeded Watermelon
– Native Milkweed (A. syriaca)
– Lakota Squash
– Sugar Magnolia Pea
– Spring Blush Pea
– Faust Hulless Barley
– Tobacco mix (misc. N. tabacum varieties grown here such as Adonis, Japan 8, Connecticut Broadleaf, Red Russian, etc. – mixed, no choice, sample is just a pinch due to tiny seed size – this can be had for $2.50, or $2 + SASE)
Crops for 2018:
N/A, Not Planned Yet
WANTED LIST (I will swap my seeds for things on this list, or buy these at just about any non-astronomical price):
– Mohawk Red
– Any rare Northeastern native varieties or heritage NY/PA developed varieties not on my SSE list (my whole SSE list is available for review, upon request)
– Tonawanda Seneca
– Mohawk Vermont
– Hodson’s Silver Wax
– Any of the rest of the Teaching Drum series
– Any rare Northeastern native or heritage NY/PA developed varieties not on my SSE list
Please feel free to use the contact form if interested and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!